Sunday, June 7, 2009

The end of a legend

Sorry Emma, I know you were not happy that I posted these on facebook, but this is the journal archive and it must be incuded. It is also the end of your trip here and it wasn't your fault anyway.
A few hours prior to departing to the airport, Emma picked Daniel up from work at Disount Tire here in Puyallup. She headed north on Meridian across the south bound lanes that had stopped for her to get out in the suicide lane. Unfortunately there was a truck speeding down that lane that crashed into them, ripping the license plate off the front of the car and carring it 50 feet down the road, and then kept on going. Dan thought they were going to die[I don't know really], but he yelled at her to stop cause he could see them coming, but it was too late. After searches for the missing vehicle that have brought nothing, we have decided to let the insurance company total the car. They will be picking it up on Monday. I will miss this car. It has been a good car for us. It has served us well and I still like the body style. We purchased it 10 years ago in November. I think we owned this car longer than any other car we have had in our married life.
No, Emma, I don't blame you. Most of all I am glad you and Dan were ok and we didn't have to total either of you.